You should read this policy in full, but here are a few key things we hope you take away from it:
• DancerApp is public and Videos/images/posts are immediately viewable and searchable by anyone around the world. We give you non-public ways to communicate on DancerApp, through Direct Messages. You can also use DancerApp under a pseudonym if you prefer not to use your name.
• When you use DancerApp, even if you’re just looking at our content, we receive some personal information from you like the type of device you’re using and your IP address. You can choose to share additional information with us like your email address, phone number, address book contacts, and a public profile.
We use this information for things like keeping your account secure and showing you more relevant content, people to follow, events, and ads.
• We give you control through your settings to limit the data we collect from you and how we use it, and to control things like account security, marketing preferences, apps that can access your account, and address book contacts you’ve uploaded.
• In addition to information you share with us, we use your content you’ve read, Liked, or shared, and other information to determine what topics you’re interested in, your age, the languages you speak, and other signals to show you more relevant content. We give you transparency into that information, and you can modify or correct it at any time.
• If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. You can contact us at any time.
1. Information You Share With Us
We require certain information to provide our services to you. For example, you must have an account in order to upload or share the content on DancerApp. When you choose to share the information below with us, we collect and use it to operate our services.
1.1 Basic Account Information
You have to create an account to use our service features, such as searching and viewing public DancerApp profiles or watching a broadcast on Periscope’s website. If you do choose to create an account, you must provide us with some personal data so that we can provide our services to you. On DancerApp this includes a display name (for example, “DanceLegend”), a username (for example, @DanceLegend), a password, and an email address or phone number. Your display name and username are always public, but you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. You can also create and manage multiple DancerApp accounts.
1.2 Public Information
Most activity on DancerApp is public, including your profile information, your time zone and language, when you created your account, and your content and certain information about your content like the date and time. You also may choose to publish your location in your content or your DancerApp profile. The lists you create, people you follow and who follow you, and content you Like or share are also public. If you like, share, reply, or otherwise publicly engage with an ad on our services, that advertiser might thereby learn information about you associated with the ad with which you engaged such as characteristics of the audience the ad was intended to reach. Periscope broadcasts you create, click on, or otherwise engage with, either on Periscope or on DancerApp, are public along with when you took those actions. So are your likes, comments and the number of likes you’ve received, which accounts you follow, and whether you watched a broadcast.
Any likes, comments, or other content you contribute to another account’s broadcast will remain part of that broadcast for as long as it remains on Periscope. Information posted about you by other people who use our services may also be public. For example, other people may tag you in a photo (if your settings allow) or mention you in a post.
You are responsible for your posts and other information you provide through our services, and you should think carefully about what you make public, especially if it is sensitive information. If you update your public information on DancerApp, such as by deleting a post or deactivating your account, we will reflect your updated content on DancerApp, DancerApp for iOS, and DancerApp Android.
By publicly posting content when you post/share you are directing us to disclose that information as broadly as possible, including through our APIs, and directing those accessing the information through our APIs to do the same. To facilitate the fast global dissemination of content to people around the world, we use technology like application programming interfaces ( APIs) and embeds to make that information available to websites, apps, and others for their use – for example, displaying content on a news website or analyzing what people say on DancerApp.
1.3 Contact Information and Address Books
We use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number, to authenticate your account and keep it – and our services – secure, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse. We also use contact information to enable certain account features (for example, for login verification), and to send you information about our services, and to personalize our services, including ads.
If you provide us with your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from DancerApp to that number as your country’s laws allow. DancerApp also uses your contact information to market to you as your country’s laws allow, and to help others find your account if your settings permit, including through third-party services and client applications. You can use your settings for email and mobile notifications to control notifications you receive from DancerApp. You can also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within. You can choose to upload and sync your address book on DancerApp so that we can help you find and connect with people you know and help others find and connect with you. We also use this information to better recommend content to you and others.
You can sign up for Periscope with an account from another service like Twitter, Google, or Facebook, or connect your Periscope account to these other services.
If you do, we will use information from that service, including your email address, friends, or contacts list, to recommend other accounts or content to you or to recommend your account or content to others. You can control whether your Periscope account is discoverable by email through your Periscope settings. If you email us, we will keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to your request.
1.4 Direct Messages and Non-Public Communications
We provide certain features that let you communicate more privately or control who sees your content. For example, you can use Direct Messages to have non -public conversations on DancerApp. When you communicate with others by sending or receiving Direct Messages, we will store and process your communications and information related to them. This includes link scanning for malicious content, detection of spam, abuse and prohibited images, and use of reported issues. We also use information about whom you have communicated with and when (but not the content of those communications) to better understand the use of our services, to protect the safety and integrity of our platform, and to show more relevant content. We share the content of your Direct Messages with the people you’ve sent them to; we do not use them to serve you ads. Note that if you interact in a way that would ordinarily be public with DancerApp content shared with you via Direct Message, for instance by liking a post, those interactions will be public. When you use features like Direct Messages to communicate, remember that recipients have their own copy of your communications on DancerApp – even if you delete your copy of those messages from your account – which they may duplicate, store, or re -share.
1.5 Payment Information
You may provide us with payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address, in order to purchase advertising or other offerings provided as part of our services.
1.6 How You Control the Information You Share with Us
Your Privacy and safety settings let you decide:
• Whether your posts are publicly available on DancerApp
• Whether others can tag you in a photo
• Whether you will be able to receive Direct Messages from anyone on DancerApp or just your followers
• Whether others can find you based on your email or phone number
• Whether you upload your address book to DancerApp for storage and use
• Whether you want to block or mute other DancerApp accounts